The Canadian Border is Open!
Canada Border Restrictions for Fully-Vaccinated Americans as of August 9th, 2021
With the border opening up to allow US tourism into Canada, this page will aid you to help cross the border successfully. The Federal Government has officially announced that the Canada border with the US will be open for fully vaccinated American travelers on August 9th , 2021. This comes with a list of Covid-19 safety measures that guests will need to adhere to. Fully vaccinated travelers must meet the following requirements:
- Must be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada approved vaccine. (Moderna, Pfizer, AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD, or Johnson & Johnson (one dose)
- Must provide Covid-19 related information electronically through the ArriveCAN app or web portal including proof of vaccination departing within 72hrs for Canada. (Download ArriveCAN within 72hrs of your trip)
- Download ArriveCAN app on your cell phone & set up (user name/password) OR use web portal.
- QUESTIONS ArriveCAN will ask, see below; (You can add up to 8 individuals):
- Arriving by Land or Air?
- Port of Entry Crossing?
- Estimated time of entry?
- A couple of yes/no questions
- Using cell phone; will prompt you to take picture of your passport
- Using cell phone; will prompt you to take picture of your Covid19 vaccination cards (two pictures) one for your 1st dose & one for your 2nd dose.
- Where you received your vaccination (each dose)? (US) United States.
- Place of Quarantine? Use the following information:
- Lac Seul Whitewing Lodge - 80 Whitewing Rd - Ear Falls ON P0V1T0 (PzeroVoneTzero)
- After questions, you will be issued a receipt ID code number. Take a picture and save to your photos to show government official upon request.
- Must meet the pre-entry testing requirements. (PCR molecular test required within 72hrs of crossing the border) Rapid test cannot be used. Make appointment with your local hospital/clinic well in advance of your trip. Schedule appointment as early in the morning as possible for your same day results and allow for travel time. It's my understanding, Walgreens will do test for free if appointment is made in advance.
- Must be be asymptomatic upon arrival.
- Have a paper or digital copy of your vaccination documentation ready to show a government official on request.
- You may be subjected to participate in random self-testing.
- Have a confirmation in hand of your booking destination just in case
- Mask required at the border and at public places
All travelers must present a suitable quarantine plan, and be prepared to quarantine should you not meet all the conditions to be exempt from quarantine. In this case, we will have accommodations available at "Lac Seul Whitewing Lodge" as part of your plan OR you can return to the US.
Please refer to noto.ca for any additional information and for Q&A.
********** NO LIVE BAIT ALLOWED ACROSS THE BORDER **********
Rodney & Lorita Zohn - Owners